Monday, February 23, 2009

Field of Dreams Theory

"If you build it, they will come"

Although in the beginning of our adoption process I told myself that we would not start collecting baby supplies until we had been picked by a birth mom, I've since changed my mind. Oftentimes in our church we are asked to be prepared so we decided why not be prepared when it comes to this issue in our life as well. I thought it might be too hard on me to have baby supplies around, but so far I'm enjoying our new crib! We figured that it wouldn't hurt anything to slowly gather different items such as a crib, car seat, stroller, etc. These type of items aren't cheap either so it'll be nice to spread the expense out over several months.

I think we might wait to get the crib bedding and to paint the walls in the nursery, but I might get too anxious and change my mind on that too. I could always go with a "theme/color" that is neutral for a boy or a girl. We'll see.

Just thought I'd share in our exciting purchase! It was weird to set it up, but very exciting to think about the possibility of having a little one sleep in it!

7 comments:

Jacob K. said...

I think that is very wise. One good thing is that you can purchase items on sale, not because you are in immediate need. I think that shows greatly to being responsible people.

Unknown said...

I started buying things right after highschool. People thought I was retarded, but I got some GREAT deals!! To tell you the truth I haven't had to buy one thing yet exccept diapers and formula. I think it is a great idea and applaud you for being ahead of the game

Richards Family said...

I know exactly how you guys feel. We left the baby room empty for two years, and then finally felt like we better do our part and get prepared, so we started getting things slowly. We had all of the furniture before we were picked, but we still waited to put everything up until after we were picked, but from the time we bought the items to being picked was only about 3 months. So there is definitely something to be said about getting prepared. Enjoy the process - it is fun!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun! I hope it isn't long before that beautiful crib is occupied by a beautiful addition to your family!

Juannaelmi said...

I agree with Jake. Plus if you buy them neutral than you can always reuse them instead of having to buy brand new every time.

Shannon said...

I love that crib. I think buying items now is a great idea. Love us

Anonymous said...

How sweet! I can hardly wait until you have a baby. There's this particular item that I plan to get for you as soon as you do. It's sooo cute! :)