We've reached the part in our journey where Dave and I went separate ways. He had the option of traveling with me for a mini vacation to Kansas, but since we had the camper he decided to head back to Utah and let me ride to Kansas with my mom and aunt. Plus, the main reason I wanted to go to Kansas was so that I could continue to feed my addiction...my NKOTB addiction! They were performing in my home town of Wichita, KS on July 3rd and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see them one more time in concert. This time I got to go with a good friend from high school and a good friend from college, but I'll talk more about that later!
While in Kansas I had the opportunity of seeing friends and family. I unfortunately also had to work, but I do LOVE the fact that I have a job that goes where I go and is super flexible!

I saw several of my good friends. Pictured here is Erika. We've known each other since 8th grade. For some reason she is the only friend that I took pictures with! I had a blast catching up with my friends and their growing families!

While in Kansas I, of course, had to go see my favorite girls, my nieces! Here Keaghan and I am on our way to Applebee's for dinner!
Laiken LOVED the marinara sauce at Applebee's!

Keaghan refused to look at me every time I tried to take a picture! She is ornery sometimes!

Afterward we went back to their house because grandma had a surprise for them. She got them stuffed buffaloes while in So. Dakota. They both seemed to really enjoy their stuffed buffaloes although I'm not sure either one of them knew what in the heck they were! Keaghan enjoyed seeing the pictures of the buffalo on my camera though.

My mom helped me design this t-shirt. I wanted to make a t-shirt to wear to the NKOTB concert, but wasn't exactly sure what direction to take. My mom definitely has more creativity than me so she gave me the idea and I ran with it. I think it turned out GREAT! Everyone thought it was a shirt I bought versus handmade myself!

On the back of the t-shirt I listed all of the NKOTB events I've been to thus far. I left room on the shirt so hopefully more events can be added in the future!

I know many of you will get a chuckle out of this! I should attend a NKOTB Anonymous meeting and stand and say, "Hi! My name is Holly and I'm a NKOTB-aholic!" But, you're only young once, right? I decided to be one of those crazy fans the day of the concert and went and did some bus stalking. I was ultimately hoping to get an autograph, but was not successful. I arrived at the arena just as their tour buses were entering the parking lot!

The only NKOTB sighting of the day was this! Joe got off his bus with his son, Griffin, in tow. You can't see Griffin because the fence is in the way. I had a good time standing around waiting for them though and even made a couple of new friends who understand my addiction! LOL!

Proof that I was out there by the buses (or as close to the buses as they would allow us to get)! It was 100 degrees and VERY windy that day!

Before the show the four of us girls that went to the concert together met at Applebee's for dinner! We were all so excited to see NKOTB and had a great time chatting over dinner! This is my friend from high school, Apryl.

Tonya, Khrista, Me & Apryl waiting for the show to begin! I was roommates with Khrista in college. Khrista and Tonya were friends from high school as well.

The JabbaWockeeZ opened for NKOTB! They were winners of America's Best Dance Crew and truly are amazing!

Jesse McCartney also opened for NKOTB

NKOTB!!!

I had a VERY tall dude in my line of vision for the entire concert!

The best moment of the night by far was when the five of them walked down the isle right next to us to get to this smaller stage at the back of the venue. We went from having seats fairly far away from the main stage to only being a few rows away from the smaller stage!!! I think they only did one song from that stage, but it was GREAT while it lasted! We got to say "hi" to them and also gave them high fives as they went by!

Having the time of my life!

Good times!

After the concert was over we went outside and did some bus stalking! We were able to see Donnie from a distance. One of the security guys told us that NKOTB was leaving pretty immediately heading to Denver to catch planes to head home for the 4th of July holiday.

Here is Donnie's bus leaving the parking lot. The four of us decided to be really crazy and ended up following his bus from Wichita to Newton (about a 20 min. adventure). We had a good time acting like teenagers again and spending some more time together!
No comments:
Post a Comment