Sunday, August 23, 2009

General update...

Summer is officially over in our house. Dave is back to teaching in full force now. He is beginning his fifth year of teaching! It is hard to believe that we've been in Utah that long. Time sure does fly quickly! He seems to be enjoying his classes while they are smaller in size, but with time they will grow. He starts his final year of his masters program at BYU next week!!!

I started a new job a few weeks ago. I'm still working from home doing Medical Transcription, but I'm working for a different company now. Things are going really well! My last job was barely able to provide me part-time work so the switch was needed badly. There seems to be plenty of full-time work for me with this new company.

We are working with another adoption agency now and hoping we'll find our baby much quicker! We have our adoption profile on Parent Profiles and while Dave was in Alaska we got an email from the Adoption Center of Choice in Orem. They have some birth moms wanting to place babies, but not enough adoptive couples internally so they've had to search elsewhere and found us on Parent Profiles. We've been busy getting registered with them and getting a bigger better profile done to meet their requirements. I think they've already shown our profile to three birth moms and it has only been about two weeks. We are keeping our fingers crossed! The only downside to going through this new agency is that the adoption will cost much more than if we were to get a baby through LDS Family Services, but what can you do?

The title page of our new profile
(it's about 12 pages long all scrapbooked, ugh!)

3 comments:

Elaine Shandra said...

Where's the rest of the scrapbook? I want to see it! I'm so excited for you and can hardly wait to see your new addition!!

Que and Brittany's Adoption Journey said...

Oh wow! This is so exciting! I bet your little one is just around the corner!

Dorothy said...

Hey!! I'm excited for you. Mom