Thursday, May 13, 2010

Spring break (finally!!!) Part I

I've been SO bad lately at keeping our blog updated. The month of April is a complete blur because it came and went so fast! On the first day of the month we had Miles' adoption finalization and then our sealing ceremony in the LDS temple later that afternoon. Then, the very next day we left for Kansas for a week. It was Dave's spring break so we took advantage of his time off and went back to see family and friends. We were home for about two weeks and then Miles and I were headed off to Kansas again. This time it was to bring my mother back with us permanently. She decided she couldn't stand to be so far away from Mr. Cutie Pie Miles and made a HUGE decision to come live in Utah after living the majority of her life in Kansas. Since then I've been busy helping her get settled and learning all about living with a completely mobile kiddo! Miles started officially crawling on April 20th, only two days after he figured out the caterpillar move!!! Below are a ton of pics from our trip to Kansas (and this is only a few of them, there are more to come in a 2nd post).

We rode to KS with my mom and this is mainly how Miles reacted to the entire two days of driving! I can't believe he was so easy going and happy about spending so much time in his car seat.

Miles was showered with gifts and new toys. He LOVED this piano!

Grandma got him a chair to sit in so now he has his own special chair at Grandma's house!

Hangin' out on the deck at Grandpa's while Great Grandpa "supervises."

Great Grandma helping Miles drink from a big boy cup. This "event" was hilarious to witness, one of those "had to be there moments" I'm sure.

Cousin Keaghan giving Miles love! She loves her new cousin and kept saying, "Baby Miles, he's GREAT!" She is adorable.

Miles, Keaghan, and Laiken. I love how all three are very focused on the toy that they are individually playing with!

Grandma and Miles

Uncle Dave being the great uncle that he is, tossing his nieces high in the air!

Meeting mom's friend, Jill, from high school.

More time with Great Grandpa (the only Great Grandpa Miles has).

Trying to gnaw on Grandpa's hands while Grandpa is helping him stand.

No comments: