The time has come for us to start watching what we say around Miles! He is learning so many new words on a daily basis and loves to mimic everything we say. I do not have a "bad" vocabulary by any means, but I do have at least one bad habit that I would've rather Miles not pick up, but of course he did. Apparently I say, "Oh shoot!" a lot. For the last couple of weeks he has been walking around the house saying, "Oh shoot!" He doesn't always use it in the right context, but he sure loves saying it! I do have to admit though that I chuckle just a little bit when I hear him using it. He is a cute kid even if he is picking up his mom's bad habits!
Also, the other day I had a sneezing attack and at the end of it I said, "Oh man!" A few days later I noticed every time after he sneezed he said, "Oh man!" He even would say it if dad or I sneezed. It was like he was using it instead of the common "bless you" phrase that most people use after you sneeze. The funny moment came while we were at church last Sunday. In our religion, after someone says a prayer the congregation follows the prayer by saying "amen" in unison. Shortly after one of the prayers and the congregation said "amen" in unison, Miles perked up and said, "Oh man!" Dave and I both had to control our laughter! Amen and oh man sound so similar!
And on the subject of Miles being so darn cute, here are some pictures of him doing one of his favorite activities these days.
Also, the other day I had a sneezing attack and at the end of it I said, "Oh man!" A few days later I noticed every time after he sneezed he said, "Oh man!" He even would say it if dad or I sneezed. It was like he was using it instead of the common "bless you" phrase that most people use after you sneeze. The funny moment came while we were at church last Sunday. In our religion, after someone says a prayer the congregation follows the prayer by saying "amen" in unison. Shortly after one of the prayers and the congregation said "amen" in unison, Miles perked up and said, "Oh man!" Dave and I both had to control our laughter! Amen and oh man sound so similar!
And on the subject of Miles being so darn cute, here are some pictures of him doing one of his favorite activities these days.
1 comment:
too cute! What a fun time for you guys!
Post a Comment