After some persistence and being a tad bit nosy, I was able to find a playgroup in our area for Miles and I to attend. I've been thinking for a while that it would be nice to find or create a group where the parents and the children are different races like our little family is. Good thing I didn't have to create this group because it probably never would've happened! I am so excited about this new opportunity! I want to provide Miles as many experiences in life that I can and I think providing him time with other families that look like his can't hurt at all.
I did a little blog hopping or stalking as some people call it and ran across this blog of a lady who is involved in this playgroup. I made a comment on her blog about wanting to get involved. She emailed me back and pointed me in the right direction. This group meets on Thursday mornings. I'm hoping Miles and I can make it a weekly thing!
This morning was our first time. Everyone was very welcoming! Because the weather didn't cooperate last week, they decided to move their Easter egg hunt to today. The weather couldn't have been more perfect. We met at a park. The kids played on the jungle gym and ate lunch together and then went on an egg hunt. Miles LOVED every minute of it. He isn't quite at the age of playing with others yet, but he enjoyed watching the other kids and moms and also "borrowing" all of their stuff including their leftover food!
Here are some pictures from our adventure.
I did a little blog hopping or stalking as some people call it and ran across this blog of a lady who is involved in this playgroup. I made a comment on her blog about wanting to get involved. She emailed me back and pointed me in the right direction. This group meets on Thursday mornings. I'm hoping Miles and I can make it a weekly thing!
This morning was our first time. Everyone was very welcoming! Because the weather didn't cooperate last week, they decided to move their Easter egg hunt to today. The weather couldn't have been more perfect. We met at a park. The kids played on the jungle gym and ate lunch together and then went on an egg hunt. Miles LOVED every minute of it. He isn't quite at the age of playing with others yet, but he enjoyed watching the other kids and moms and also "borrowing" all of their stuff including their leftover food!
Here are some pictures from our adventure.
No comments:
Post a Comment