Sunday, September 18, 2011

What we did to celebrate...part 1

This week has been a fun-filled week celebrating Miles' 2nd birthday! It also was a tad bit stressful (at least for me) because I'm a tad bit OCD and want everything to go perfectly, which it rarely does, but it all works out in the end. My mom and her friend, Dale, came to town for a very quick visit this weekend for Miles' party. I'm so glad they could make it and share in Miles' special day.

On his actual birthday, Sept. 14th, it was just the two of us (Dave had to work at both jobs). I thought it would be fun to take him out for a mommy/son date. Pretty much the only thing he will eat these days is pasta so we went to Chili's for dinner to have their yummy Cajun Chicken Pasta. Miles isn't a huge fan of the waiting that happens at restaurants and provided the people around us some great entertainment (even throwing his plate full of noodles crashing onto the floor at one point). After our adventure at Chili's I took him to The Cocoa Bean to get a cupcake to celebrate. No birthday is complete without some cake! He took a bite or two of the icing and then was off running to explore the cafe. He isn't much of a sweets fan which is so foreign to me!

Photobucket

Yummy pasta

Photobucket

Look at all those yummy cupcakes

Photobucket

The front part is what I had eaten and the back part was all that he had eaten

Photobucket

Playing in the cafe...on the floor nonetheless (yucky!)

No comments: