We had Miles' birthday party last Saturday (9/17). We decided to take our chances with the weather and have it outdoors at the Scera Park in Orem. Miles and I went to this park for the first time with playgroup a while back and I fell in love with it. It has everything I wanted for his party: Playground equipment for the kids to play on, open grass areas for the adults to play games on like Bocce Ball, bathrooms, a covered pavilion, NO river close by, NO traffic close by, etc. etc. The weather turned out to be great as well! It was a nice little party for a very special 2-year-old little boy!
For some odd reason I wasn't fully thinking through the logistics of everything. We rented the pavilion for the 4-9 o'clock block of time and I invited everyone to show up at 4 o'clock. This left us NO time to decorate the pavilion. Dave and I had come up with this plan on how to deck out the pavilion in primary colors and Little Einstein decor (the theme of the party), but it didn't quite turn out like we had planned. I sent Dave over to the park around 3 hoping the pavilion would be empty so he could start decorating. When he got there there was a large gathering of people using our pavilion. After he got that all straightened out, it was pretty much 4 o'clock. The first guests to arrive got to help Dave decorate! Needless to say it didn't quite turn out how we had planned, but it looked great anyway. Miles was late to his own party because my mom and I were having a bit of a crisis with the "Rocket Juice." The basics of that story is that I need to toss my blender, it is a worthless machine!
Since we had the pavilion rented from 4 to 9 I had envisioned this nice leisurely party with no rush to get anything done at a certain time. Because we were late to the party and had all of the food items with us, I sort of felt rushed to get that all set up in case everyone was starving. From there we just went right into the cake and presents 'cause people were starting to leave. Needless to say it didn't happen leisurely (at least for me), but we got it all done and it left time for the kids to play on the playground equipment and the adults to play Bocce Ball at the end.
When it was time to leave, Dave had to carry a screaming boy to the car because he was having so much fun and wasn't ready to leave! I think everyone had a good time including the birthday boy! It was fun getting friends and family together to celebrate. I do enjoy planning a party. Now I just need to work on enjoying them even if things don't quite go as planned!
Miles got some really great presents and has had tons of fun playing with his new toys. Thanks to everyone for your kindness to our sweet little man!

All the grub

"A grandma sandwich"

Gwen & Ira

Megan & Sam

Baby Ian

Dave's beautiful decorations

My attempt at a Little Einstein cake

My attempt at centerpieces

The birthday boy stealing licks of the icing
At the very end of this video you can hear him say, "Again!" So cute!

He pretty much destroyed it, but didn't actually eat very much of it

Our neighbors wrapped their gift in a diaper. Miles thought that was pretty cool.

Opening presents

Playing on the playground

He got that yellow bat from his uncle, aunt, and cousins and
wouldn't let go of it the rest of the evening

Swinging
For some odd reason I wasn't fully thinking through the logistics of everything. We rented the pavilion for the 4-9 o'clock block of time and I invited everyone to show up at 4 o'clock. This left us NO time to decorate the pavilion. Dave and I had come up with this plan on how to deck out the pavilion in primary colors and Little Einstein decor (the theme of the party), but it didn't quite turn out like we had planned. I sent Dave over to the park around 3 hoping the pavilion would be empty so he could start decorating. When he got there there was a large gathering of people using our pavilion. After he got that all straightened out, it was pretty much 4 o'clock. The first guests to arrive got to help Dave decorate! Needless to say it didn't quite turn out how we had planned, but it looked great anyway. Miles was late to his own party because my mom and I were having a bit of a crisis with the "Rocket Juice." The basics of that story is that I need to toss my blender, it is a worthless machine!
Since we had the pavilion rented from 4 to 9 I had envisioned this nice leisurely party with no rush to get anything done at a certain time. Because we were late to the party and had all of the food items with us, I sort of felt rushed to get that all set up in case everyone was starving. From there we just went right into the cake and presents 'cause people were starting to leave. Needless to say it didn't happen leisurely (at least for me), but we got it all done and it left time for the kids to play on the playground equipment and the adults to play Bocce Ball at the end.
When it was time to leave, Dave had to carry a screaming boy to the car because he was having so much fun and wasn't ready to leave! I think everyone had a good time including the birthday boy! It was fun getting friends and family together to celebrate. I do enjoy planning a party. Now I just need to work on enjoying them even if things don't quite go as planned!
Miles got some really great presents and has had tons of fun playing with his new toys. Thanks to everyone for your kindness to our sweet little man!

All the grub

"A grandma sandwich"

Gwen & Ira

Megan & Sam

Baby Ian

Dave's beautiful decorations

My attempt at a Little Einstein cake

My attempt at centerpieces

The birthday boy stealing licks of the icing
At the very end of this video you can hear him say, "Again!" So cute!

He pretty much destroyed it, but didn't actually eat very much of it

Our neighbors wrapped their gift in a diaper. Miles thought that was pretty cool.

Opening presents

Playing on the playground

He got that yellow bat from his uncle, aunt, and cousins and
wouldn't let go of it the rest of the evening

Swinging
No comments:
Post a Comment