Friday, October 7, 2011

Warm fall day

Dave had Monday, 9/26, off of work (I'm not exactly sure why the district gave the teachers this day off, but I'm sure they had a good reason). I had promised Dave a round of golf for his birthday back in July, but he never had the chance to go because it was too hot in Kansas this summer and then when we got back things were just busy. So, that morning Miles went to daycare and I stayed home and worked while Dave went out to play a round of golf. He had a great time and wanted to go back again later in the day! We made a compromise and decided to go miniature golfing with Miles instead. We bought this great pass that gives us free admission to a few of the local attractions such miniature golfing, swimming, etc. With it being Miles' first time at miniature golfing I wasn't sure how it would go over, but he ultimately has a great time doing anything as long as he can explore. He covered every inch of that miniature golf course and even hit the ball a few times with dad's encouraging.

Photobucket

Dad teaching proper technique

Photobucket

Miles was too interested in all the rocks...

Photobucket

and checking out where the balls were going

Photobucket

He had fun retrieving the balls from the holes

Photobucket

He almost got to ride a go-cart for his first time too, but the line was too long and there was only one worker running the show so it was taking an extremely long time

No comments: