I'm feeling behind in many areas of my life and am a tad bit overwhelmed!! Ugh!
- I'm behind in my work for the week, which really isn't anything new I guess (this happens almost every week which means I have to work the weekend).
- I'm behind in updating the blog. I have all of Christmas and our trip to Kansas to put on here.
- I'm feeling behind in parenting Miles. We haven't been good at letting Miles learn how to feed himself with a cup, a plate, a spoon, and a fork. I think Dave and I both suffer from OCD when it comes to cleanliness at mealtimes (or whatever you want to call it). We both hate the mess of letting Miles feed himself and so we just end up doing it for him. Dave said the other day that he is totally okay with still spoon feeding Miles when he is 18 as long as we don't have to deal with messes! Funny, but sad all at the same time too.
- I'm also behind in letting Miles learn how to manage the stairs in our house. He only knows how to go up and down them if he is holding our hands. By now he surely is capable of learning how to maneuver them on his own???
I post this all not so that you'll feel bad for me, but as for motivation for myself to do better. It is a new year, right? I should start off the new year by being better!!
1 comment:
Boy I think we are in the same club!!! Hang in there - it will get easier. We did some of the same things - especially if it involves cleanliness - in fact, Sean is almost 4 and sometimes we still give him a sippy cup or straw cup, even though he can drink out of an open cup, just so I don't have to worry if he will spill. But it is getting better and I am starting to not be so bad about messes - afterall he is a boy. Don't beat yourself up so much! If you can figure out how to squeeze more time in the day, just let me know. I certainly don't know when I will update my blog either! We miss you guys!
Post a Comment