Sunday, January 9, 2011

Our time in KS

It was so good to see everyone at our old church. I think several of them didn't even know about Miles so they were all surprised but super happy for our little family. It was also good to see my nieces. All of the activities and food that I brought for Miles ended up being put to good use by those two girls! They are entirely too cute!

On Monday I had the opportunity to go to an old friend's funeral. She passed away from lung cancer and never smoked a day in her life. She was an amazing woman and will be missed by all. Her funeral was a very nice funeral, if funerals can be nice. I'm so glad I had the privilege of knowing M'Lisse.

Miles and I had a good trip. We got to see a few friends and spent some wonderful quality time with family. Miles has his moments, but overall he is good about just going with the flow and being happy no matter where he is. He is a great traveler. He kept me busy the entire week though because we were in non-baby proofed homes and he is such a curious little guy. Thankfully he didn't break one thing, but we did move a lot of things out of his reach!

Grandma's baby proofing at her friend's house

Keaghan



Laiken singing

Eating like a big boy at Great Grandma & Grandpa's house

He figured out where the crackers were at Great Grandma & Grandpa's and would NOT leave them alone. I think he ate almost an entire box of crackers in about three days.

Visiting mom's friend Jill

Eating at mom's favorite taco place with Great Grandma & Grandpa, Grandpa Randal, and Lisa

Being tickled by Grandpa

Taking a bath in Great Aunt Cathy's jacuzzi tub
He LOVED it!


Going for a walk with Grandma and Great Aunt Cathy
Boy was it COLD!!!

He was so happy to be outside

Going home!!!

I didn't do such a hot job at taking pictures and did not even take one picture at my friend Mike's house. The two Miles got to meet each other too and I didn't get a picture.

Our trip home was pretty eventful. When we arrived at the airport we were informed that our flight was delayed by about 30 minutes. Thankfully Grandma had parked and was able to spend that time with us. We were on the runway getting ready to take off when one of the engines shut off. The pilot told us we would be returning to the gate for some maintenance. They had us all get off the plane so they could jack it up to work on the breaks. About two hours after our original leave time, we were finally on our way home. Miles didn't get a very good nap that day so it made for a long day! He absolutely refuses to relax enough to sleep anywhere besides his crib too and my saving grace of the DVD player was as dead as a doornail (not sure how I managed that one). Needless to say I was a tad bit stressed out by the end of the day, but we made it safely. He crashed almost immediately in the car on the way home.

Again, we had a wonderful time and are glad we could see some of you. It seems like we always miss seeing people that we really want to see, but it is hard to fit everyone in every time, so...maybe next time!

No comments: