I had a hard time coming up with costumes for the boys this year. I wanted them to coordinate and really tried hard to get Miles to agree to be the Man in the Yellow Hat so that Oliver could be Curious George, but couldn't convince Miles! I also found a really cute lobster costume for Oliver and thought it would be funny to have Miles be a chef. Again, Miles wasn't on board. I then tried to convince Miles to be a police officer so that Oliver could be a jailbird. When he saw a Hiccup costume at Target (the main character in How to Train Your Dragon) it was all over for him. That is what he wanted to be! I could've had Oliver be a dragon, but Target was running a really good deal on costumes and they didn't have any dragon costumes. So, Oliver ended up being a lion since that costume was essentially free. It worked out in the end and Oliver was a very cute lion and Miles was a very handsome Hiccup.
We definitely got some good use out of the boys' costumes this year! Miles got to wear his costume four times and Oliver wore his twice. I'd say that is pretty good.
Their first Halloween event was a party/carnival at our church on Wednesday. Every year the youth put on this event for the younger children and every year they do such a great job! Miles had a blast!
 |
| We added the viking helmet because you can't wear masks to the church party |
 |
| He was so busy and just wanted to crawl around! |
 |
| They had this cute area set up for pictures |
 |
| Amazed we got a non-blurry pic of him! |
The next event was Miles' Halloween party at one of his preschools on Thursday. For the last 15 minutes of class the parents were invited to watch their Halloween program. They had learned fun Halloween songs and sang those for us. It was fun to see all of his friends dressed up cute for Halloween and to watch them perform songs they had worked so hard on! Miles had been singing the songs to us at home, but the day of he wasn't really interested in participating. He sat off to the side and just did his own thing.
 |
| A picture with his mask |
 |
| Posing for a class picture - Miles was eating a carrot |
|
 |
| Ready for their performance |
On Halloween (Friday), Miles' second preschool had their party. Parents weren't invited to this one so I didn't get any pictures. They did do a parade through Provo High so Dave got to see him in the parade. Dave said Miles looked like he was having fun!
After I picked him up from preschool, we went to one of his friends' birthday parties. It was a busy day full of lots of fun and sugar!
 |
| Lining up |
 |
| Miles' turn at the pinata |
 |
| Oliver had a cute shirt to wear on Halloween |
Before it got dark that evening we took the boys out trick-or-treating around our neighborhood. Since we live in a townhouse, it's easy to get lots of candy fairly quickly because there are several townhouses all in one location. I thought Miles would want to go trick-or-treating much longer than Oliver would stay happy, but when Oliver started fussing a little bit Miles was more than willing to head home and help hand out candy at our house. I actually think Miles enjoyed handing out candy more than he liked trick-or-treating! He would wish everyone a Happy Halloween before they moved to the next house. It was cute.
 |
| Ready to go! |
 |
| Our cute little lion |
 |
| Our neighbors are SO creative! I couldn't stop laughing. So stinkin' cute! |
No comments:
Post a Comment