Friday, December 26, 2014

Thanksgiving

Here it is the day after Christmas and I'm just getting around to writing about Thanksgiving! I obviously let myself get really far behind on my blog and now I'm feeling the pressure to get caught up! In January I always buy a blog book that contains all of my blog posts from the previous year. This is the motivation I need to get caught up. I have until Wednesday to get it done!

Although Dave had to work on Thanksgiving Day, we had a very nice Thanksgiving. We had to have our meal earlier in the day so that Dave could be to Target by 5 p.m. (yuck!). We invited Dave's mom down from Logan to help us eat our meal. We knew we'd have tons of leftovers so I'm glad she made the trek down to help us eat some of the food. Plus, we love having Grandma Dorothy around. She is SO much fun!

Dave cooks a yummy turkey. I'm in charge of the sides (well, except Dave's Stove Top Stuffing - that stuff is nasty and I wouldn't touch it with a 10' pole!) and think they turned out pretty good as well. Dave won't eat green bean casserole, but I make it for myself every year. I was thrilled when Dorothy cheered when she found out we were serving green bean casserole.

Dorothy spent the night with us and then headed back to Logan Friday morning. Miles loved having her around and we're so glad she made the trek down to spend Thanksgiving with us!

The table is set with my grandma's china & a Christmas tablecloth (lol!)
My buns
Checking the turkey

Picture with Grandma!
While Dave was at work most of the day on Friday, the boys and I spent the day getting ready for my mom's arrival. She spent Thanksgiving with my brother in Denver, CO and then came our direction for a few days. 

We weren't sure the weather would cooperate and allow her to come our way so I decided not to tell Miles that she was coming. I kept it a surprise until she knocked on the door. Miles was SO excited to see her! He was a bit confused at first. He then got really giggly and kept telling her she was silly for surprising him like that.

My mom was only here for three days. It went by way too fast! We crammed a lot in before she left. My main project was to get our Christmas tree up and decorated, which we accomplished. I also wanted her to help Miles decorate a gingerbread house because I hate that process but know Miles loves it. She was happy to help.

Grandma brought Oliver a birthday gift!
Grandma decorating, Miles eating
All done!
We went with a gingerbread train this year
What a wonderful holiday shared with wonderful people. We have so much to be thankful for!

No comments: