Tuesday, December 30, 2014

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

While decorating for Christmas, Miles found Dave's Santa hat in one of our Christmas totes. He wore it pretty much that entire first day. I thought he looked so cute in it and just had to take a picture of him in front of the tree...and Oliver too although Oliver wouldn't wear the Santa hat!



The finished product
We had such a warm December. I kept hoping for snow, but it just wasn't happening. I did try to take advantage of the warmer weather and get the boys out to play in it every once in awhile. On one particular warm day I took the boys to a park that is close to our house. I knew Miles would have fun, but I wasn't sure about Oliver. He completely surprised me when I put him in a swing. He LOVED it!



Miles loves to swing too
On Saturday, December 13th we headed north to Dave's brother's house in Tremonton. Zach and Tammy were having a Christmas party for the family! I had just gotten back the night before from a quick trip to Colorado (details coming in a future post) and Oliver hates his car seat so we weren't totally excited about making the trip, but we wanted to spend time with family and have some fun. In true Oliver fashion, he pretty much cried the entire almost two hour trip up there (and back). To say I was frazzled by the time we got there would be an understatement! We all had a good time, but I was pretty much a bump on a log. I really wanted a nap, but knew that I wouldn't be able to sleep even if I tried. They did a great job with all of the games (although Miles wasn't a huge fan of the gift exchange game especially when his own father stole the present he wanted). It was so nice to be together!




After searching Pinterest for gift ideas for Miles' preschool class, we decided to make everyone sleighs made out of candy. Although Miles just wanted to eat all of the candy, he did do a great job with helping me put them together. He was so excited to give them to his friends! I thought I had made just enough for his class so I prepared him for the fact that there wouldn't be any leftovers. Fortunately I had the number wrong and Miles was able to get one as well. He would've been heartbroken had he not gotten one.



Another fun thing that happened in December was Oliver discovering that he likes to push his elephant toy that Grandma gave him for his birthday around while he walks behind it. He uses it like you would use a walker. He doesn't crawl as much anymore and uses the elephant to get around. One of these days he'll get brave enough to take some steps! Our backs are ready for him to start walking.


No comments: