Saturday, December 27, 2014

Pictures

Getting Oliver's 1 year pictures and family pictures for our Christmas cards posed to be a challenge! I didn't want to spend a lot since we've invested a lot already this year for Oliver's milestone pics so my options were limited. I received a pretty good coupon for pictures at JCPenney and decided to give them a try. I used to manage the JCP Portrait Studio in Provo and haven't been back since I quit several years ago so I was very hesitant to go there. We had good luck with the studio in Grand Junction and Wichita though so I was hopeful we'd have the same luck here. 

Unfortunately things didn't go so well. Our photographer put forth little to no effort to get Oliver to smile and ended up putting him in a crate so he couldn't crawl around. She could tell that we were frustrated so she offered us the opportunity to reschedule. We reluctantly agreed hoping the next time we'd get a different photographer.

I called the day before our second appointment to request a more experienced photographer and was told that the manager was the one working during the time we would be there. I learned that the current manager was my best employee when I was there so I had some hope we'd get better pictures this time around.

When we got there the manager was nowhere to be found. One of Dave's former students was our photographer instead. Although he tried a little bit harder, we still didn't end up with any pictures I was satisfied with.

I wasn't sure what our next step was going to be when Dave told me that one of his coworkers at Provo High has a wife who is wanting to build her photography business. I got in touch with her to see what her rates were. She offered us a fantastic deal that I couldn't pass up.

So, the day before Thanksgiving we spent some time getting Oliver's 1 year pictures done. We also got some family pictures done at the same time. Oliver is such a mover. It's definitely not easy to get a good picture of him! She earned every penny. We ended up with over 300 pictures!

I think they turned out good. She did a good job capturing our little family and all of our personalities! Below are a few of my favorites (let me know if you'd like a copy of any of them)!



















No comments: