Monday, December 8, 2014

Pumpkins

On Monday, October 20th we took the boys to our favorite pumpkin patch to play and to pick out our pumpkins for the year. Since Miles joined our family, we've made it an annual family tradition to visit a pumpkin patch and pick out pumpkins for each of us. I look forward to it every year!

He wanted me to take this picture of him by the chickens for his Grandma Carr
The corn maze
We're lost!
Posing for pictures
Our cute little pumpkin!
Silly goats
Miles loved climbing up...
and sliding down head first!
Posing by the BIG pumpkin
Miles' turn!
The boys with our pumpkins!
A week later, on October 28th, Miles finally convinced me to help him carve his pumpkin. I had almost decided that we wouldn't do any carving this year, but after thinking about it and what it meant to Miles, I decided to do it. Dave absolutely HATES the pumpkin carving process so I was afraid I'd get stuck with carving my pumpkin, Miles' pumpkin, AND Oliver's pumpkin so I was very hesitant. Since Oliver is still too young to get involved, I decided we could carve just one pumpkin. I was surprised at how easy it actually was. Last year we carved fake pumpkins at Grandma's and I think I had that process stuck in my head. Real pumpkins are definitely much easier to carve! 

Miles is a sensory guy so he had lots of fun playing with the pumpkin "guts" while I carved out the face he had picked out. Afterwards he kept asking when we were going to carve the other pumpkins. I think we succeeded just by getting one done this year!




No comments: