On Sunday, October 26th Miles participated in his first Primary Program at our church. The children get to present to the congregation what they've learned that year in Primary (Sunday School). He technically should've had his first program last year (when children turn 3 they enter Primary), but with our move from Kansas to Colorado and our trips back and forth for baby Oliver, he wasn't in either place enough to be involved in the preparations for the program.
When they gave me his part this year, I was a little concerned at the length of it. I wasn't entirely confident that Miles would be able or willing to memorize it, but I thought I'd give it a try. We started out just by repeating parts of it over and over and he was very resistant to it for about a week. After about a week he decided that he wanted to learn it and it didn't take much longer. I tried to get him to say his part slower after he had it memorized, but I never accomplished that. On the big day he said it so fast that I don't think anyone could understand what he was saying! I think that is to be expected at his age though. His mom and dad were VERY proud of him. He stayed up front with his class the entire time as well. He is growing up!
"One of the greatest priesthood ordinances is going to the temple and being sealed as a family forever!"
Miles was also asked that same day to give his first talk in Primary. They ask children each week to either say the prayer, read a scripture, or give a talk. He, obviously, isn't old enough yet to be hugely involved in preparing for the talk, but I think starting this young is great so that he doesn't have fear of getting up in front of people and speaking! I basically prepared what he was going to say based on what the theme was for the day and we practiced him repeating after me ahead of time. He did a great job on his talk and spoke loud enough so that everyone could hear.
It's fun to see him growing up and becoming a confident little man!

No comments:
Post a Comment